Press Release: Bobby Flay’s Throwdown by Bobby Flay
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jill Browning/Clarkson Potter Publicity
Eliza Whipple/Bullfrog & Baum PR
Are you ready for a THROWDOWN??
BOBBY FLAY’S THROWDOWN! More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network’s Ultimate Cooking Challenge
By Bobby Flay
Every week on Throwdown!, chef and restaurateur Bobby Flay goes head-to-head with cooks who have staked their claim as masters of an iconic dish—buffalo wings, chicken cacciatore, or sticky buns, for example—even though he may never have cooked these things before. The results are always entertaining—and delicious. Now, in his first-ever cookbook collaboration with Food Network, Bobby shares the recipes and fun from his popular show with BOBBY FLAY’S THROWDOWN! More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network’s Ultimate Cooking Challenge (Clarkson Potter; on sale October 12, 2010).
For each episode, both Bobby’s recipe and his challenger’s are included, comprising a cross-country tour of regional specialties and good-hearted competitive spirit. Travel to San Antonio for puffy tacos; Philadelphia for cheesesteaks; Harlem for fried chicken and waffles; and Charleston for coconut cake. Try both dishes to pick your favorite, or challenge friends and family to a battle of your own. Either way, you’ll find tons of fantastic flavors in this best-of-the-best book from the first seven seasons of Throwdown!.
– over –
BOBBY FLAY’S THROWDOWN! features such fan-favorite throwdowns as:
- Cheesesteak: Bobby’s Philly Cheesesteak couldn’t match up to the winner, Tony Luke’s Traditional Philly-Style Cheesesteak from where else? Philadelphia, PA
- Mac ’n’ Cheese: A rare win for Bobby and his Macaroni and Cheese Carbonara, which had some tough competition against Philly-based Delilah Winder’s Seven-Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Wings: Bobby’s Hot Wings with Blue-Cheese-Yogurt Sauce didn’t quite compare to Drew Cerza’s Bourbon Street Buffalo Wings, from Buffalo, NY
- Sticky Buns: Bobby went to Boston and tried out his Sticky Buns with Orange-Honey-Brown Sugar Glaze and Toasted Almonds, but lost out to Joanne Chang’s Sticky Sticky Buns
- Muffuletta: Bobby’s attempt at a win with Muffuletta was thwarted by Mike and Jack Serio’s traditional Muffuletta from New Orleans!
- Eggplant Parmesan: Bobby headed to Arthur Ave. in the Bronx, NY, and was beaten by David Greco’s Mike’s Deli Famous Eggplant Parmigiana
- Pulled Pork: Bobby’s Pulled Pork with Black Pepper Vinegar Sauce lost out in VA to Lee Ann Whippen’s Wood Chick’s BBQ Award-Winning Smoked Pork
- And many more!
The ultimate companion cookbook to one of America’s favorite food shows, BOBBY FLAY’S THROWDOWN! lets home cooks and fans in on the action, featuring favorite Throwdown! moments and behind-the-scenes peeks alongside beautiful, all-new color food photography created just for this book. So if Bobby Flay ever strolls into your backyard, asking “Are you ready for a Throwdown?,” you definitely will be!
# # #
BOBBY FLAY is the chef-owner of three Mesa Grill restaurants, two Bar Americains, Bobby Flay Steak, and five Bobby’s Burger Palaces. A New York Times bestselling author, he is also the food correspondent for CBS’s The Early Show and a contributing editor for Parade magazine. This is his tenth book. His website is www.bobbyflay.com.
Since debuting on Food Network in 1994, Bobby Flay has continuously hosted programs that bring cooking tips and information on American regional fare to a national audience. In addition to Throwdown! With Bobby Flay, which airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, he stars on the hit Food Network series Grill It! With Bobby Flay, Iron Chef America and The Next Food Network Star. His new show Brunch @ Bobby’s premieres on Saturday, October 16, at 2 p.m. ET/11am PT on Cooking Channel.
ABOUT THE BOOK
BOBBY FLAY’S THROWDOWN!
More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network’s Ultimate Cooking Challenge
By Bobby Flay with Stephanie Banyas and Miriam Garron
On Sale: October 12, 2010 • ISBN 978-0-307-71916-4 • Price: $27.50
For more information on the book and Bobby Flay, please contact:
Jill Browning at Crown at 212-572-6182 or email@example.com or
Eliza Whipple at Bullfrog & Baum at 212-255-6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.