From Toxic to Not Sick
- Imprint: Harmony Books
- On sale: April 14, 2015
- Price: $26.00
- Pages: 384
- ISBN: 9780385347723
“It’s as if we are all on a big chemical drunk and the hangover is a killer.” —Suzanne Somers
Why are so many of us ill? ADD, ADHD, OCD, bipolar disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism, asthma, schizophrenia, autoimmune diseases like lupus, fibromyalgia, MS, Lyme disease, cancer. The list goes on and on: why can’t our bodies fight back?
They can and you can.
TOX-SICK will tell you how we got this way and the solutions for recovery
— a must-read book for anyone of any age
The toxins in your body, the diseases they cause,
the doctors who can help
From Toxic to Not Sick
by Suzanne Somers
We are under the greatest toxic assault in the history of humanity. We are surrounded by car exhaust, industrial solvents, plasticizers, paint, scents in detergents and creams, microwaved leftovers wrapped in plastic wrap, pesticide-laden berries … Our bodies are groaning, our gastrointestinal (GI) tracts are in distress from chemical exposure, and our bodies have reached their “tipping points.” Toxins are making us tox-sick, building up in our tissues and cells, lingering and gathering in the fat cells. Our bodies, especially our livers (our internal filters) are exhausted, and now the tiniest added chemical exposure can launch a plague of “unexplained” symptoms that put us at risk of seemingly unrelated but commonly linked toxic overload conditions: fatigue, migraines, bloating, nausea, arthritis, Crohn’s, brain fog, brain diseases, depression, and cancers.
It’s time to detox your entire life to save it.
Now, in TOX-SICK: Go From Toxic to Not Sick (Harmony; April 14, 2015; $26.00 hardcover), Suzanne Somers, #1 New York Times bestselling author and pioneering health care and wellness advocate, shares her findings on how to survive, thrive, and stay healthy today. Her passion is personal.
“When our house burned down, we rented,” says Suzanne. “In those next years, my husband, Alan, suffered a chronic sinus infection, facial tics, and then spasms. He was diagnosed twice with pre-Parkinson’s. I was hospitalized in anaphylactic shock and diagnosed with cancer everywhere, ‘never seen so much’ I was told. The doctors were wrong about Alan and me. Fungus in my lungs and intestines read like cancer on a CAT scan. We found that dangerous black mold had permeated the house. We were virtually ‘swimming’ in it, breathing it, exercising in it. We moved out like bandits, did massive detoxing, and reclaimed our health.”
Suzanne then saw her grade-A-achieving granddaughter begin to lose her ability to learn, comprehend, and communicate; another very scary family moment. So, passionate health warrior that she is, she sat down with top environmental doctors and specialists, all experts in the field, who understand the toxic syndrome behind numerous illnesses, They imparted eye-opening information and cutting-edge practical advice.
In TOX-SICK, Suzanne shows how we can bulletproof our bodies and homes, and effectively detox all our body systems, including the brain, gut (our second brain), heart, thyroid, and more. She offers different survival skills that can help you reclaim your well-being and a longer lifespan, and discusses life-altering issues including:
• Wondering why you can’t lose weight? It’s not the calories, it’s the chemicals. To keep toxins and chemicals away from precious organs and glands, the body stores them in our fat cells; the more toxins you ingest/are exposed to, the more fat you need to store them.
• Our bodies, like our planet, have become TOX-SICK: Researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine tested nine adults, including journalist Bill Moyers, for 210 contaminants recognized globally as persistent pollutants (like DDT); of the 210, participants showed presence of 167 of them: 53 linked to cancer, 63 toxic to the central nervous system, 58 noxious to the endocrine (hormonal) system, 55 toxic to the immune system.
• Toxins are passed from mother to child in utero, and in a study of infants born in U.S. hospitals, Environmental Working Group researchers found newborns begin their lives with exposure to as many as 287 of the 413 toxic chemicals being investigated; chemicals that cause cancer, development problems, or damage the central nervous system.
• Antibiotics have been overused to the point that we are in danger of a global antibiotic resistance; further, our overuse of antibiotics contributes to an explosion of gastrointestinal problems by knocking out the normal healthy flora in the gut.
• Thanks to genetically modified organisms (GMOs), we may now have insecticide factories in our guts that destroy health; food with GMOs may disrupt the normal flora in our guts, so our livers can’t do their job.
• Many diseases originate in the GI tract from the overabundance of toxicity that breaks through the gut barrier, “leaks” into the bloodstream and makes its way through the body, even reaching and affecting the brain.
• The symptoms of being TOX-SICK: among the most common are a chemical belly (bloating, aching, cramping, constipation issues, digestive problems), foggy brain, headaches, chronic fatigue, and unexplained weight gain.
• Life-changing insights and action items from today’s top environmental specialists, like Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez who offers four steps to stay off the pathway to disease, including cancer.
• From talking with Dr. Walter Crinnion, Suzanne shares that the Centers for Disease Control reports that of the environmental toxins measured—DDT, solvents, plasticizers—50% have been found in all of us. The good news: over 80% of the toxicants in our bloodstreams are nonpersistent compounds, and if we stop exposing ourselves, we can be clear of them in mere weeks.
• Your 9-Point Detox Checklist, first steps in minimizing the toxic soup from damaging your body; none are hard, all are important.
• Plus, Suzanne provides protocols and non-drug solutions for coming clean: detox techniques, how to make your own probiotics, supplements for survival, as well as safe products and protective measures to use.
Once again, Suzanne Somers is telling it like it is. TOX-SICK is empowering, riveting, and just might save your life.