One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table
By Molly Gilbert
ONE PAN & DONE
Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table
By Molly Gilbert
Molly Gilbert is the Sheet Pan Queen. Her first cookbook, the runaway hit Sheet Pan Suppers, focused on recipes that required nothing more than a sheet pan for preparation and cooking. But the truth is, she has more than one kind of pan in her kitchen. Why should sheet pans have all the fun? Doesn’t your mom’s old Dutch oven deserve some glory? Doesn’t that trusty glass baking dish work hard for the money? Doesn’t that well-seasoned skillet deserve its moment in the spotlight.
In One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table (Clarkson Potter | February 7, 2017 | $17.99 | Trade Paperback), Gilbert still focuses on simple, flavorful meals pulled straight from your oven, but now they’re on a sheet pan and in a Dutch oven, a cast iron skillet, a glass or ceramic baking dish, a Bundt pan, and even cake pans and muffin tins. But the best part of Gilbert’s recipes is that she shows readers how to use the oven to their advantage, letting it do most of the work. Think of it as fast slow cooking but with the benefits of baking, roasting, and broiling for concentrated, intense flavor every time. Covering breakfast and brunch; starters, snacks, and sides; vegetarian main dishes; poultry; fish; meat; and sweets, Gilbert gives readers the best of both worlds—the ease on prep and cleanup plus the deeply roasted goodness.
Recipes in the book include:
- BREAKFAST & BRUNCH: Ham & Egg Cups, Skillet Strata, Orange Sugar Monkey Bread
- STARTERS, SNACKS & SIDES: Artichoke Gratin, Unfried Mozzarella Marinara, Pigs in Polenta Cakes
- VEGGIE MAINS: Truffle Mushroom Lasagna, Moroccan Tomato Soup with Chickpeas, Brown Butter Squash Agnolotti
- POULTRY: Easy Jerk Chicken with Peppers & Pineapple, Braised Chicken with Leeks & Tarragon, Simple Chicken Cassoulet
- FISH: Pesto Snapper en Brodo, Clambake in a Pot, Coconut Curry Shrimp with Rice
- MEAT: Spicy Miso Ramen with Ground Pork, Broiled Beef & Broccoli, Chickpea & Andouille Skillet
- SWEETS: Cookies ’n’ Cream Upside-Down Cake, Oatmeal Caramel Cookie Thins, Port-Roasted Nectarines
Whether an overscheduled parent, a busy young professional, or even an accomplished cook, readers want food that’s big on flavor but simple on steps. One Pan & Done delivers just that—130 brand-new simple, smart, and tasty recipes that use just ONE pot or pan, in a totally fuss-free and (mostly) hands-off method.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
MOLLY GILBERT is the author of Sheet Pan Suppers, which was featured in People magazine, Cooking Light, Parade.com, Today, The Nest, and more. A graduate of the French Culinary Institute, Gilbert is a former cooking instructor and private chef and former recipe tester in the kitchen of Saveur. She lives in Seattle with her husband and son. Visit her blog at DunkAndCrumble.com.