From the Kitchens of Martha Stewart: A New Way to Bake
Classic Recipes Updated with Better-for-You Ingredients from the Modern Pantry
The world of home baking has expanded in new and exciting ways, and America’s most-trusted lifestyle expert, Martha Stewart, brings readers the ultimate guide to exploring it with her latest book, A New Way to Bake: Classic Recipes Updated with Better-for-You Ingredients from the Modern Pantry (Clarkson Potter/Publishers; March 28, 2017; $26.00; Paperback).
Today’s baking pantry includes so much more than traditional ingredients like white flour, whole milk, butter, and granulated sugar, incorporating new staples that are more popular and accessible than ever before. Flours milled from whole grains (including farro, oats, buckwheat, quinoa, and spelt), nut flours, nut milks, coconut oil, cocoa nibs, and natural sweeteners (honey, maple syrup, and such) are among the many new baking superfoods, and when used well, they lend more complex flavor and texture—and more nutrients—to all manner of home-baked treats. This collection of well-tested, foolproof recipes takes into account all kinds of dietary restrictions and preferences as well. It’s truly a handbook for the modern baker.
Chapters and recipe highlights include:
- BREAKFAST: Gluten-Free Quinoa Pancakes; Vegan French Toast; Sprouted Spelt Banana-Nut Muffins
- COOKIES, BROWNIES, and BARS: Whole-Wheat Snickerdoodle Bites; Dark Chocolate-Spelt Brownies
- PIES, TARTS, CRISPS, and COBBLERS: Lattice-Topped Nectarine Pie; Blueberry-Ricotta Tart
- CAKES and CUPCAKES: Apple-Cider Doughnut Cake; Orange-Barley Pound Cake; Chocolate Beet Cake
- BREADS and ROLLS: Hazelnut Hot-Cross Buns; Whole-Wheat Monkey Bread; Seeded English Muffins
- THE BASICS: Pantry staples; DIY section for making your own nut butter, yogurt, coconut milk, and more.
With 130 foolproof recipes and 150 stunning photographs, along with tips for choosing, storing, and preparing ingredients, A New Way to Bake is sure to become the next-generation home-baking handbook.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
MARTHA STEWART is America’s most trusted lifestyle expert and teacher, and the author of more than 80 books on cooking, entertaining, crafts, homekeeping, gardens, weddings, and decorating.