Keith McNally of Schiller’s Liquor Bar shares his collection of classic cocktails and original drinks
Schiller's Liquor Bar Cocktail Collection
- Imprint: Clarkson Potter
- On sale: October 29, 2013
- Price: $19.95
- Pages: 98
- ISBN: 9780804137232
Schiller’s Liquor Bar, a member of Keith McNally’s impressive family of restaurants, celebrates its 10th anniversary this year with the SCHILLER’S LIQUOR BAR COCKTAIL COLLECTION: Classic Cocktails, Artisanal Updates, Seasonal Drinks, The Bartender’s Guide (Potter Style, $19.95, on sale October 29, 2013)
With 150 cocktail recipes and bartending tips, SCHILLER’S LIQUOR BAR COCKTAIL COLLECTION includes four books: Classic Cocktails, Artisanal Updates, Seasonal Drinks, and The Bartender’s Guide. These handsome books, each devoted to a different category of mixology, are housed inside a sleek and sturdy box, making it an essential guide and perfect gift for anyone who loves a well-made drink.
Reflecting Schiller’s old-world and bohemian ambiance, this boxed set translates all the charms of its bar and the character of the Lower East Side onto the page and offers Keith McNally’s favorite recipes in an easy-to-reference anthology, including:
- Classic Cocktails: Delicious favorites such as the Moscow Mule, French 75, Negroni, and Sazerac
- Artisanal Updates: New twists such as the Wet Ginger Martini, Chai Fashioned, Mint Collins, and Martinique Sling
- Seasonal Drinks: Irresistible at any holiday gathering are the Cranberry Toddy, Holiday Martini, Scorpion Bowl, and Hot Buttered Rum
- The Bartender’s Guide: Essential glassware and bar tools, bar techniques, infusion recipes, measurement tables
Whether you’re thirsty for something special to make this holiday season or simply want to pour a gin martini like a pro, the SCHILLER’S LIQUOR BAR COCKTAIL COLLECTION holds all the answers and is destined to become a bar cart staple.
About the Author:
KEITH MCNALLY opened his first restaurant, The Odeon, in 1980, followed by Café Luxembourg, Nell’s, Lucky Strike, Pravda, Balthazar, and Pastis. He opened Schiller’s Liquor Bar in 2003 and released The Balthazar Cookbook with co-chefs Riad Nasr and Lee Hanson that same year. He then went on to open Morandi, Minetta Tavern, Pulino’s Bar & Pizzeria, and, most recently, Balthazar London, which opened in February 2013.