Joy the Baker Over Easy by Joy Wilson
Sweet & Savory Recipes for Leisurely Days
To Joy Wilson, the perfect meal exists somewhere between breakfast and lunch, where eggs and toast meet gooey pastries, hot coffee, and boozy juice. When “sweet and savory” isn’t a choice, but a right. It’s called brunch, the most decadent and leisurely of meals.
The 125 recipes in JOY THE BAKER OVER EASY: Sweet & Savory Recipes for Leisurely Days (Clarkson Potter/Publishers; $27.50; on sale March 21, 2017) are meant to satisfy any craving, whether you like things simple or decadent, savory or sweet. Conveniently enough, and because no one should be left out, there are dishes for “morning people,” “afternoon people,” and “breakfast for dinner people.” Recipes include:
- COCKTAILS AND COFFEE: Peach and Orange Paloma; Hibiscus Lemonade; Black and White Russian
- EGGS: Bacon and Deviled Eggs; Huevos Rancheros with Elote Topping; Cajun Souffle
- GRIDDLE: Happy Birthday Pancakes; French Toast Breakfast Burritos; Cornbread Waffles
- SIDES: Praline Bacon; Broiled Grapefruit; Sausage Gravy
- SANDWICHES AND SALADS: Breakfast BLTS; Pastrami and Rye Grilled Cheese with Egg; Blueberry-Pistachio Tabbouleh
- BAKED GOODS: Overnight New Orleans Beignets; Fresh Cranberry and Orange Scones; Very Sticky Pecan Rolls
Brunch does not discriminate. Brunch isn’t looking at the clock. Brunch just wants you to sit, relax, and enjoy a runny egg. With JOY THE BAKER OVER EASY you can now easily capture the laid-back weekend feeling anytime and step up your brunch game.
About the Author:
JOY WILSON is well known for her daily dabbles in butter and sugar as her blogging alter ego, Joy the Baker. Since its launch in 2008, Joy the Baker has received many accolades, included being selected as one of the 50 Best Food Blogs by The Times (London) and named Best Baking and Desserts Blog by Saveur, among other notable accolades. Joy’s content has also been featured on sites such as Food52, The Kitchn, and Buzzfeed.
A native California girl, Joy now lives in New Orleans with her big orange cat, Tron. When she’s not baking, blogging, or Instagramming, she’s searching for the best Sazerac in town or finding her zen in yoga class.