Half Baked Harvest Cookbook
As one of seven children, Tieghan Gerard grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, before moving to the mountains of Colorado in her early teens. When her dad took too long to get dinner on the table every night, she started doing the cooking—at age fifteen. Ever-determined to reign in the chaos of her big family, Tieghan found her comfort zone in the kitchen, discovering a newfound freedom and a creativity she hadn’t known existed. She began chronicling her fresh takes on old favorites and coupling them with her styling skills—only this time on tables and cutting boards—on her blog Half Baked Harvest. Since then, millions of people have fallen in love with her unique recipes, stunning photography, and charming life in her barn, high up in the snowcapped mountains.
In HALF BAKED HARVEST COOKBOOK: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains (Clarkson Potter/Publishers; September 12, 2017; $29.99; Hardcover), Tieghan gives us her version of comfort food by adding brightness, texture, and fresh wholesome ingredients. Each recipe has a little something extra: dress up that cheese board with a real honeycomb; decorate a standard salad with spicy, crispy sweet potato fries; give French onion soup an Irish kick with Guinness and soda bread; bake a secret ingredient into your apple pie (hint: it’s molasses). Tieghan showcases the creativity that’s become her signature on her mega-popular and award-winning blog with more than 125 all-new recipes, each one joined by a striking photograph. Recipes include:
- BREAKFAST: Fancy Toast, Eight Ways; Sesame Bagels with Avocado, Burrata, and Raspberries; Croque Madame Breakfast Pizza; Salted Brioche Cinnamon Rolls
- APPETIZERS & SNACKS: PB & J Grilled Cheese; Provolone and Salami Phyllo Rolls; Guacamole 101; Grilled Corn and Basil Salad
- PASTA & GRAINS: Caprese Quinoa Bake; Dad’s One-Pan Friday Night Pasta; Honey-Ginger Chicken Stir Fry; Wild Rice and Havarti–Stuffed Acorn Squash
- POULTRY & PORK: Fig and Cider Pork Chops; Healthy Chipotle Turkey Sweet Potato Skins; Potato Chip Chicken; Hula Pork Sliders
- SEAFOOD: Drunken Late-Summer Corn and Clam Chowder; Quick Kickin’ Cajun Shrimp and Rice; Lobster BLT; Cheesy French Scallops
- BEEF & LAMB: Sunday Meatballs; BBQ Short Ribs; Miso Beef and Ramen Noodle Peanut Stir-Fry; Roasted Garlic and Tomato–Braised Lamb Shanks with Parmesan Mashers
- (MOSTLY)MEATLESS MEALS: Harissa Veggie Burgers; Thai Butternut Squash and Peanut Soup; Crispy Buffalo Quinoa Bites; Chipotle Sweet Potato Noodles with Black Beans
- DESSERTS: Peanut Butter–Dipped Cookies-and-Cream Cake; Ice Cream Banana Bread; Bonfire Brownies; Pretzel and Honey Ice Cream in a Nutella-Lined Cone
With a barn for a kitchen and goats for company, Tieghan has created a life that is completely lust-worthy—and delicious. Whether home cooks need a doable weeknight meal for tonight or are planning their next get-together with friends, HALF BAKED HARVEST COOKBOOK has their new favorite recipe.
# # #
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
TIEGHAN GERARD is a recipe developer, photographer, and food stylist. Her blog, Half Baked Harvest, won the 2016 Saveur Blog Award for Most Inspired Weeknight Dinners, the 2016 Bloglovin’ Best Food Blog Award, and from Better Homes and Gardens, the 2016 Readers’ Choice Favorite Food Blog Award and 2014 Best Everyday Eats Award. Visit Tieghan at halfbakedharvest.com or on Instagram @halfbakedharvest.