Add a Pinch by Robyn Stone
Easier, Faster, Fresher Southern Classics
Robyn Stone is the creator of the beloved blog AddaPinch.com, the go-to resource for easier, faster, fresher Southern recipes. With a Foreword by Ree Drummond, Robyn’s highly anticipated debut cookbook, Add a Pinch: Easier, Faster, Fresher Southern Classics (Clarkson Potter | March 28, 2017 | $25.00 | Hardcover), is perfect for the modern home cook who wants a simplified twist on favorite Southern dishes.
Robyn learned to cook traditional Southern recipes from her mother and grandmother, but—like so many people these days—she needed dishes that fit her busy lifestyle that were fast enough to cook on a weeknight without sacrificing any of the flavor. Here, fresh ingredients take center stage in slow cooker meals, casseroles and one-dish suppers, salads, soups, and desserts that have deep satisfying flavors but are a cinch to make.
Sample chapters and recipes featured in the book include:
- STARTERS & SNACKS: Oven-Fried Green Tomato Caprese Stacks, Black-Eyed Pea Hummus, Warm Brie with Honeyed Fruit Compote
- SKILLET SUPPERS: Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs with Zucchini, Creamy Artichoke Chicken, Citrus Shrimp
- SLOW COOKER SUPPERS: Sticky Molasses BBQ Ribs, Easy Pepper Steak, Slow Cooker Honey-Glazed Ham
- CASSEROLES & ONE-DISH SUPPERS: Never-Fail-Me Ham and Spinach Quiche, Jambalaya, Brown Sugar Baked Salmon and Vegetables
- SIMPLE SIDES: Green Beans with New Potatoes, Buttered Carrots with Peas and Thyme, Grandmother Earlene’s Creamed Corn
- SOUPS, STEWS, SALADS & SLAW: Not Just Game Day Chili, Grilled Watermelon and Peach Salad with Basil and Feta, Heirloom Tomato Salad with Charred Corn and Okra
- BISCUITS & BREADS: Parmesan Garlic Biscuit Rolls, Sausage and Cheddar Spoon Bread, Bart’s Cinnamon Rolls
- SWEET ENDINGS: German Chocolate Cake, Georgia Peach Crisp, Mama’s Cream Cheese Pound Cake
With 100 recipes (90 all-new, plus 10 fan favorites), over 75 color photographs, and icons indicating which recipes are freezer friendly, for the slow cooker, or easy to prep, Add a Pinch is the Southern handbook that every busy cook needs for simple, delicious meals.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
ROBYN STONE is the creator of the Add a Pinch blog, which receives 2.2 million unique viewers per month, has 720,000 Facebook fans, and has been featured in Southern Living, Better Homes & Gardens, Redbook, and online at the Huffington Post and Food Network. She lives in Georgia with her husband, Bart, their son Sam, and their two golden retrievers, Ranger and Annabelle.