A week-by-week guide that shows you how to make one simple, but very significant change—quit sugar—to lose weight; boost energy; and improve your looks, mood, and overall health
I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson
In January 2011 Sarah Wilson stopped eating sugar. Two big reasons tipped the balance in her decision: she learned that sugar could be a factor in her autoimmune disease, and she realized she was a sugar addict and she didn’t even know it. Sarah hid behind so-called healthy sugars—some granola here, some honey there, a square or two of dark chocolate after meals. But if someone put a cheesecake in front of her, she’d eat the whole thing. Once she got a taste, she couldn’t stop herself because sugar is sugar—and it’s highly addictive.
What started as an experiment soon became a way of life. I QUIT SUGAR: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook (Clarkson Potter; April 8, 2014; $25.00; Trade Paperback) is a practical and encouraging week-by-week guide that shows you how to make one simple, but very significant change—quit sugar—to lose weight; boost energy; and improve your looks, mood, and overall health.
I Quit Sugar uses Sarah’s personal experience to help you:
- Beat the sugar habit with a tested 8-week plan
- Overcome cravings via proven and easy tricks
- Find healthy sugar substitutes
- Stay on the wagon with Sarah’s top tips
Sarah Wilson’s 8-week detox plan guides you every step of the way in breaking the addiction, teaching you how to identify and eliminate both added and hidden sugars, and to replace them with natural, whole foods that make you feel nourished and never deprived.
I Quit Sugar also teaches readers to cook sugar-free with more than 108 delicious and easy recipes, including:
- Breakfasts: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Polenta with Eggs and Roma Tomato Salsa, Bacon and Egg “Cupcakes,” EnergyMeffins, So-Frenchie-So-Chic Ham and Cheese Crepes
- Smoothies and Drinks: Sweet Green Meal-in-a-Tumbler, Make-Me-Over Mojito Smoothie, Rooibos Chai, Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- Healthy Detox Meals: Foolproof Fennel Soup; Roasted Cauliflower and Leek Soup, Summery Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Savory Snacks: “Salted Caramel” Haloumi Cheese and Apple, Chickpea Bombs, Meal-in-a Biscuit Crackers
- Sugar-Free Kids’ Goodies: Butterfly Cupcakes, Chocolate Nut Butter Cups, Sugar-Free Nut-ella
- Sweet Treats: Almond Butter Bark, Grapefrutti-Tutti Cake, Raspberry Ripple
- Desserts: Crunchynut Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream, Lavender and Blueberry Sundae
Sarah promises that when you feel this good and eat this well, you won’t even miss the sugar. As she says, “I lost weight and my skin cleared. But when I quit the white stuff, I also started to heal. I found wellness and the kind of energy and sparkle I had as a kid. I don’t believe in diets or making eating miserable. This plan and the recipes are designed for lasting wellness.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
SARAH WILSON’s IQUITSUGAR.com is the go-to site for anyone who wants to wean herself from sugar. The former editor of Cosmopolitan Australia, she was the host of the first season of Master Chef Australia, the highest-rated television show in the country’s history, and her audience now straddles several continents. Sarah is also a qualified Health Coach with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in New York. She lives in Sydney, Australia.
ABOUT THE BOOK
I QUIT SUGAR: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
By Sarah Wilson
On sale: April 8, 2014 • ISBN 978-0-8041-8601-8 • Price: $25.00