Win Brunch @ Bobby’s and a Trip to Las Vegas
“These bold, flavorful moves from Flay’s breakfast playbook will leave readers salivating.”
At long last, Bobby shares his simplest, most sought-after recipes—while still delivering his signature intense flavors.
Bobby Flay may be best known for his skills at the grill, but brunch is his favorite meal of the week. In Brunch @ Bobby’s he includes 140 recipes starting with the lip-smacking cocktails, both spiked and virgin, that we have come to expect from him, along with hot and iced coffees and teas. He then works his way through eggs; pancakes, waffles, and French toast (including flavored syrups and spreads); pastries (a first) and breads; salads and sandwiches; and side dishes. Pull up a seat and enjoy a Sangria Sunrise, Carrot Cake Pancakes with Maple-Cream Cheese Drizzle (see recipe below), Sautéed Bitter Green Omelets, and Wild Mushroom-Yukon Gold Hash. This is how Bobby does brunch.
CARROT CAKE PANCAKES
WITH MAPLE–CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE
SERVES 4; MAKES ABOUT 14 PANCAKES
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups buttermilk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the griddle
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup loosely packed finely grated peeled carrots, patted dry on paper towels (about 3 medium)
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
¼ cup finely diced candied ginger
¼ cup finely chopped toasted pecans or walnuts, plus coarsely chopped nuts for serving
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup pure grade B maple syrup
1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, butter, vanilla, carrots, and orange zest in a large bowl until smooth. Add to the flour mixture, fold in the ginger and finely chopped pecans, and mix with a rubber spatula until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. Combine the cream cheese and maple syrup in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until combined, about 1 minute. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and then pop in the oven until just warmed through and easy to drizzle.
4. Heat a large cast-iron griddle or nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Brush with butter and continue heating until the butter begins to foam. Drop scant ¼ cupfuls of batter onto the griddle. Bake until bubbles start to form and burst, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook to set the other side, another 1 to 2 minutes. As the pancakes are ready, put them in a single layer on the baking sheet and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
5. Stack the pancakes on plates, drizzle with the cheese mixture, and sprinkle with coarsely chopped nuts.
Win a ‘Brunch @ Bobby’s’ Trip to Vegas!
We’ve teamed up with Bobby Flay, Caesars Palace, Mesa Grill, and ShermansTravel to set up one lucky winner (and a friend!) with a trip to Las Vegas to eat brunch in style. Not to mention the winner will also get two signed copies of Brunch @ Bobby’s. Click the image below to enter (one entry per person, U.S. residents age 18 and up; enter before 11:59 p.m. EST on 9/29). Read the full sweepstakes rules here.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
BOBBY FLAY, a New York Times bestselling author, is the chef-owner of six fine-dining restaurants, including Gato, Bar Americain, Mesa Grill, and Bobby Flay’s Steak, and an expanding roster of Bobby’s Burger Palaces. He is the host of numerous popular cooking shows on Food Network—from the Emmy-winning Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction to the Iron Chef America series, Throwdown! With Bobby Flay, and Food Network Star—as well as Brunch@Bobby’s on Cooking Channel. For all things Bobby, make sure to follow him on Facebook.Related Posts: