Matzo: 35 Recipes for Passover and All Year Long
By Michele Streit Heilbrun
Matzo: 35 Recipes for Passover and All Year Long presents 35 recipes that reinvent the Passover staple. Michele (Mikie) Heilbrun is the co-owner of Streit’s, the preeminent fine Kosher food company with a 90-year history. Now, she’s sharing recipes—both family classics and fresh favorites—for ways to cook with matzo that are so good, readers will want to make them all year round.
Creative dishes like Matzo Granola, Caesar Salad with Smoked Whitefish and Matzo Ball Croutons, Nachos, and Matzo Tiramisu prove just how delicious and versatile this ingredient can be. Other highlights include:
- BREAKFASTS: Cheesy Lemon Pancakes; Matzo Chilaquiles, L.E.O. Matzo Brei
- STARTERS: Classic Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls; Papa Pomodoro; Greek Matzo Panzanella
- SIDES AND SNACKS: Potato, Broccoli, and Matzo Gratin; Moroccan Matzo Stuffing; Pear and Cherry Matzo Kugel
- ENTREES: Lower East Side Fried Chicken; Quinoa Falafel with Spice Yogurt Sauce; Matzo Mustard-Crusted Salmon
- DESSERTS: Chocolate Chip Cookies; Chocolate-Cherry Torte; Rocky Road Truffles
With its bright photography and fun package, MATZO is sure to become an instant seder (and anytime) must-have.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Michele (Mikie) Streit Heilbrun is the co-owner of Streit’s Matzos, founded by her great-grandfather in 1925 on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. Born in Brooklyn and raised in Manhattan, she is a recent transplant to Savannah, Georgia. Mikie spent more than twenty-five years as a casting director and the last few as the proud mother of her daughter, Joey.
David Kirschner is a Michelin-trained chef who has spent fifteen years working in and running some of the country’s most acclaimed restaurants. He currently runs his own boutique private dining company, dineDK, producing culinary events around the greater New York City area. He has been named one of the top private chefs in New York City by Luxury Listings NYC and TastingTable.com and continues to write, style food, and consult brands on all matters culinary. David resides in Hoboken, New Jersey, with his wife, Allison.