Martha Stewart’s Slow Cooker
From the Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living
Slow cookers, one of the most popular kitchen appliances, are beloved for their “fix it and forget it” reputation. While so many of the recipes out there are convenient, they can be lackluster in taste. In Martha Stewart’s Slow Cooker: 110 Recipes for Flavorful, Foolproof Dishes (Including Desserts!), Plus Test-Kitchen Tips and Strategies (Clarkson Potter/Publishers; August 29, 2017; $26.00; Paperback), recipes not only deliver on convenience—they deliver on flavor and sophistication.
The recipes in this book vary widely in flavor profiles and cuisines (Indian, Chinese, Italian, and more), and each is engineered to take advantage of the slow cooker’s assets (slow heat, hands-off cooking)—all while offering results that are truly unforgettable. Martha Stewart’s Slow Cooker shows readers that they can make an incredible amount of dishes in this appliance, from soufflés, puddings, and jams to soups, stews, and roasts—even fish.
Chapters and recipe highlights include:
- MEAT: Beef Stroganoff; Mexican Oxtail Stew; Italian Braised Pork; Vietnamese Baby Back Ribs
- POULTRY: Chicken Chili Tacos; Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches; Chicken Mole; Duck Ragù
- SEAFOOD: Poached Salmon with Salsa Verde; Salt-Baked Fish and Potatoes; Indian-Style Fish Curry
- MEATLESS: Lentils and Freekeh with Greens; Barley Risotto with Fresh Mushrooms; Saag Paneer
- SIDE DISHES: Corn Chile Pudding; Smoky Collard Greens with Tofu; Cider Baked Beans
- BREAKFAST: Grits with Greens and Fried Eggs; Cinnamon Buns; Congee with Fish
- SWEETS: Rice Pudding; Blueberry Cornmeal Buckle; Sticky Toffee Pudding
- STOCKS & SAUCES: Chicken Stock; Fresh Tomato Sauce; Pear and Apple Butter; Barbecue Sauce
With 110 easy, delicious, and brilliantly practical slow cooker recipes and 150 beautiful photos, Martha Stewart’s Slow Cooker is sure to become the go-to resource for slow cooker aficionados and novices alike.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
MARTHA STEWART is America’s most trusted lifestyle expert and teacher and the author of more than 80 books on cooking, entertaining, crafts, homekeeping, gardens, weddings, and decorating.